||This course discusses the fundamentals of golf necessary to play at the beginning recreational level. It includes discussion of rules, etiquette, equipment and terminology. The course will be a combination of classroom lecture and golf course experience.
- Acquire knowledge of golf terms, etiquette, rules and equipment.
- Develop basic skills of golf upon which one may improve their game.
- Develop an appreciation of the sport of golf through participation in the class setting and eventually playing the game.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the golf swing.
- Display knowledge of the history of golf.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the putting stroke.
- Improve understanding of the strategic aspects of golf.
- Apply the knowledge of golf terms, etiquette, rules and equipment in a golfing setting.
- Demonstrate knowledge of different types of golf equipment.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines