||This course introduces students to the role of management in golf facility operations. Emphasis is on the administration of course procedures, tee times and retail space. Pro shop operations and the impact on customer and player relations are analyzed. Player performance analysis and instructional methodology are also discussed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of golf course management and operation practices and procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of office procedures, accounting methods, and equipment with particular reference to receiving and accounting for the receipt of cash.
- Demonstrate knowledge and or ability to evaluate market trends in golf related areas including, but not limited to, sportswear, equipment, and demographics of the courses guests and customers.
- Display ability to train and supervise full time staff, seasonal help, and interns.
- Display ability to use business telephone manners and techniques for a service and merchandising business.
- Display knowledge in golf-related concessions, equipment and apparel merchandising, maintenance of course and related facilities.
- Display ability to organize, setup, and direct tournaments.
- Demonstrate ability to direct play on the golf course and instruct guests in course rules.
- Display knowledge of industry standards and techniques of leaders in golf and turf management equipment.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines