||This course is a study of soils and plant nutrition as related to golf course maintenance. Emphasis is on physical and chemical properties, water, organic matter and life of golf course soils. Process and methods of supplying nutrients to plants will be discussed.
- Relate how soil and horticulture systems function on golf courses.
- Describe the interrelationship of soil, water and plants on golf courses.
- Evaluate soil at the golf course.
- Analyze soil samples.
- Interpret the analysis of soil samples to determine proper golf course fertilization and cultivation.
- Describe environmental impact of installing various plants on golf courses.
- List basic nutritional needs of plants on golf courses.
- Identify golf course horticultural problems, investigate alternatives and apply horticultural principles to solutions.
- Recommend various low-impact landscaping measures as solutions to golf course soil problems.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines