||This course introduces students to the industry of golf management, golf course landscape and horticulture. Students also will be introduced to the use, production and maintenance of ornamental plants. The course exposes students to regional golf landscape and garden center industries through lectures, field trips and guest speakers.
- Identify career opportunities in golf landscape and horticulture.
- Classify types of landscapes used in golf courses.
- Determine plant classification using the binomial system of classification.
- Identify plant anatomy and growth structures.
- Describe plant propagation methods.
- Evaluate selection practices for commonly used golf landscape plants.
- Describe soil properties and structures.
- Determine general plant nuitrition needs and fertilzier practices.
- Classify the common plant pests and the management of these pests.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines