||This course provides the student with the materials and means to teach the fundamentals of the golf swing. Emphasis is on the skills it takes to be an instructor of golf lessons. These skills include but are not limited to communication, patience, coordination, knowledge of the golf swing, troubleshooting an individual's swing, and the ability to instruct both individuals and groups.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the different types of golf grips.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to properly address the ball.
- Demonstrate effective communication, teaching, and time management skills.
- Display the ability to analyze a golf swing and effectively communicate the results to the golf student.
- Display the ability to teach a student how to read a green.
- Display patience while giving golf instruction.
- Demonstrate organizational skills.
- Display the ability to put a student at ease while taking instruction.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach different golf shots.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines