||Meets MnTC Goal Areas 5 and 8. This course provides a discussion of the political, economic, cultural and social factors which have shaped the history of the Western world. Topics include Mesopotamia, the Hebrews, the Greeks, the Romans, the rise of Christianity, feudalism and manorialism, the rise of Islam, the Merovingians and the Carolingians.
- Describe the achievements of ancient Mesopotamian civilizations.
- Summarize ancient Greek culture.
- Identify the development of Hebrew culture.
- Identify the major events of the Roman Republic.
- Explain the rise and fall of the Roman Empire.
- Describe the rise of Christianity
- Summarize European culture after the fall of the Roman Empire.
- Analyze the contributions of the Merovingians.
- Explain the era of the Carolingians.
- Describe the rise of Islam.
|MnTC goal areas:
- (5) History and the Social and Behavioral Sciences
- (8) Global Perspective
« back to course outlines