||Meets MnTC Goal Areas 5 and 8. This course provides a discussion of the political, economic, cultural and social factors which have shaped the history of the Western world. Topics include Marxism, the Industrial Revolution, the Age of Progress, World War I, the rise of fascism, World War II and the Cold War.
- Describe the advancements of the Age of Progress.
- Explain the politics of the early 20th century.
- Summarize the events of World War I.
- Identify the events of the Russian Revolution.
- Explain the culture of the early 20th century.
- Analyze the conditions that led to the emergence of fascism.
- Summarize the major events of World War II.
- Identify the causes of the Cold War.
- Describe the culture of the post-war period.
- Analyze the collapse of communism.
|MnTC goal areas:
- (5) History and the Social and Behavioral Sciences
- (8) Global Perspective
« back to course outlines