||Meets MnTC Goal Areas 5 and 7. The course content is the colonial period in American history. Topics include the Age of Exploration, early American settlements, the rise of colonial regions in America, the clash of cultures and races, the American Revolution and the Articles of Confederation.
- Describe the factors that resulted in the settling of America.
- Identify the important events of early settlements in America.
- Analyze the role of religion in colonial America.
- Explain the regional differences of the American colonies.
- Summarize the role of race during colonial times.
- Describe the clashes between the French and the English in North America.
- Summarize the causes of the American Revolution.
- Describe the major events of the American Revolution.
- Explain the creation of the Articles of Confederation.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines