||This course is a study of the basic health information systems as they move from the paper record to the hybrid version and the electronic health record implementation. Primary and secondary records will be defined. Other areas to be covered are documentation requirements, retention, record destruction, computing and interpreting health care statistics, and the appropriate display of statistical data.
- Define primary and secondary health records.
- Review documentation requirements.
- Identify retention requirements.
- Compare paper, hybrid, and electronic record processing.
- Define the conversion steps leading to the electronic health record implementation.
- Compute health care statistics.
- Display health care statistics using the appropriate methods.
- Identify appropriate destruction methods.
- Identify data collection methods.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines