||This course provides the student with practical applications of theories in the field of health information technology. Under the supervision of a qualified health information professional, the student gains professional practice experience in basic health record functions.
- Abide by the American Health Information Management Association's Code of Ethics.
- Adhere to clinical site policies.
- Discuss intradepartmental relationships among various roles within the health information management (HIM) department.
- Apply filing and retrieval guidelines.
- Apply health record analysis guidelines.
- Apply release of information guidelines.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines