||This course develops the health information technology student's knowledge of computer theory and application in the areas of system collection, storage and retrieval.
- Demonstrate dependability.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Research computer applications in the healthcare delivery system.
- Define data processing terms and historical trends.
- Define information system development and implementation processes.
- Identify data security and integrity requirements.
- Discuss the development of the electronic health record.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the electonic health record.
- Apply common and specialized software.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines