||This course covers an in-depth study of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD). The edition taught is based on the industry's currently required classification system. Sample exercises and medical records are used to develop skill and accuracy in assigning diagnostic and procedure codes based on the health care setting. Coding guidelines appropriate to the health care setting will be applied.
|| BIOL2260 AND BIOL2261 AND HLTH1116 AND HLTH2208
- Display dependability.
- Identify breaches in confidentiality in the health care environment.
- Outline ICD coding steps and specificity.
- Apply official coding guidelines.
- Abide by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) Code of Ethics.
- Describe the ICD code book structure and format.
- Assign and verify manual and computer coding assignments.
- Identify and validate coding data.
- Abide by the AHIMA Standards of Ethical Coding.
- Apply the AHIMA curriculum domains, subdomains and tasks.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines