||This course is an introduction to the current reimbursement systems that are used in inpatient and outpatient settings in the health care industry.
|| Permission of the instructor.
- Explain the historical development of healthcare reimbursement in the US.
- Identify the current processes, forms, and support practices for healthcare reimbursement.
- Discuss the purpose and basic benefits of a variety of different government sponsored health programs.
- Describe ambulatory and inpatient prospective payment systems.
- Audit chargemaster procedures for reimbursement.
- Review facility compliance plans.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines