||This course provides the student with practical application of classroom theories and coursework. Under the supervision of a qualified supervisor, the student gains professional practice experience in coding and reimbursement.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Abide by the American Health Information Management Association's Code of Ethics.
- Adhere to Profession Practice Experience site policies.
- Apply International Classification of Diseases codes to patient data.
- Apply Current Procedural Terminology codes to patient data.
- Review applicable reimbursement systems.
- Demonstrate professional integrity.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines