||This course is designed to cover the use, abuse and dependency of legal and illicit drugs. Included are the physical and psychological effects and the problems related to drug use. It may include guest lecturers, small discussions, videos, student presentations covering topics related to all forms of drugs and drug use including intervention, and available sources to help deal with drug abuse.
- Describe the role of drugs in modern society.
- Examine the history of drugs in society.
- Analyze the consequences of legalizing drugs in society.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the actions of different categories of drugs.
- Review treatment options for addictions.
- Identify natural sources to duplicate synthetic drug prescription.
- Describe the strong connection between drug use, addiction and mental illness.
- Evaluate the financial cost to society of drug abuse and addiction.
- Explain student's individual attitude toward the legalization of drugs in our society.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines