||This course covers an introduction to the basic principles of human resource functions and services. It provides a background and understanding for further human resource courses.
- Identify the roles and competencies of a human resource professional.
- Identify the importance of human resource management.
- Explain the role of human resource management in the future.
- Identify the human resource planning model including recruitment, selection, and employment.
- Compare equal employment opportunity and other key legislation related to human resource management.
- Apply the role of job analysis, and job descriptions in relation to human resource functions.
- Review employee training and development functions.
- Compare employee performance appraisal systems.
- Identify employee compensation both direct and indirect.
- Examine the employment-at-will doctrine as it relates to the employment relationship.
- Explain current employee benefit trends.
- Identify human resources role in workplace safety, security and employee health.
- Explore the human resource professional certification and code of ethics.
- Identify the current and future challenges of human resource management.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines