||This course covers basic knowledge and information about the various types of benefits that are typically offered by employers for their employees.
- Distinguish between legally-required and discretionary benefits.
- Identify the considerations influencing the design and implementation of a benefit program.
- Identify the primary objectives and examples of employee benefits, including income protection, paid time off, and accommodation and enhancement products.
- Describe the company benefits planning process and its connection to a businesses strategic plan.
- Examine why employers offer employee benefits.
- Research the laws that regulate employee benefits.
- Compare traditional benefit plans to flexible benefit plans.
- Describe the different methods used to manage the cost of employee benefits.
- Analyze the communication methods used in employee benefit awareness.
- Construct an employee benefit package that supports strategic goals, acknowledges external and internal influences and is compliant with the legal requirements.
- Calculate the current cost of employee benefits.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines