||This course covers basic information and understanding of the need for human resources policies in an organization, types of policies, the process of policy formulation and how policies are used.
- Explain personnel policy and employee handbook purpose and uses.
- Explain organization objectives/polices relationship.
- Identify personnel policy resources.
- Create a persuasive employee handbook proposal.
- Explain acknowledgement and disclaimer usage in employee handbooks.
- Interpret the employment at will doctrine.
- Examine the concept of implied contract.
- Explain policy decision making and policy clarity importance.
- Review competitive personnel polices.
- Apply federal and state employment law to personnel polices.
- Identify current trends in personnel policy making.
- Identify personnel policy accountability and responsibility.
- Identify policy evaluation procedures.
- Analyze personnel policies.
- Create personnel policies.
- Assemble an employee handbook.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines