||This course reviews and reinforces the principles covered in the Human Resource program through the development of a comprehensive student portfolio and simulated activities related to program outcomes and systems found in Human Resources. Students will apply basic concepts, terminology, functions and outputs needed to maintain and utilize human resource information systems in operations and strategic planning. The course also develops knowledge of career processes and the skills needed in conducting an effective job search.
- Produce workplace-ready human resource documents.
- Relate the Human Resource program outcomes to workplace situations.
- Analyze employment search processes and various labor markets.
- Prepare a career portfolio including cover letter, resume, list of professional references, employment application and Human Resource program projects.
- Perform a successful mock employment interview as a job applicant.
- Utilize technology in the job search process.
- Demonstrate confidence and professionalism in human resource skills by presenting portfolio to others.
- Identify concepts and technology common to human resource information system needs.
- Evaluate the costs and benefits of acquiring and maintaining a human resource information system.
- Apply human resource theories and principles in the design and utilization of a human resource information system.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines