||Meets MnTC Goal Areas 6 and 8. Meets MnTC Goal Areas 6 and 8. A travel abroad experience taken to encourage studies in the humanities involving visits to sites that are often discussed in the traditional classroom. The course includes scheduled academic activities in preparation for the trip.The students continue their studies in countries in the East, Middle East and Eastern Europe as determined by the instructor.
- Examine differences among diverse cultural groups in North America and the traditional old world cultures from which they came.
- Explore the diversity of art and technology produced by various subcultures in various geographies.
- Examine the political and cultural elements that have shaped the country's relations with other states.
- Investigate works of art and technology that have global significance and have influenced cross cultural exchanges or addressed international issues.
- Explain the historical context of works of art and architecture.
- Summarize political events that have shaped the political, economic and cultural activities that were experienced on the trip.
- Identify works of art and technology that represent contributions to national cultures.
- Explain international problems in which the country has been involved.
- Articulate an informed personal reaction to the artistic works experienced on the trip.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines