||This course covers residential gas and oil heating units, primarily forced air furnaces. Emphasis is on understanding the sequence of operation, proper adjustment, efficiency measurement and safety. Diagnosis and repair of malfunctioning furnaces is part of this course.
- Identify customer and technician safety.
- Define condensing gas furnaces.
- Find gas leaks.
- Define pressure regulators.
- Describe furnace components.
- Analyze fuel consumption and efficiency.
- Identify hot surface ignition, standing pilot ignition and direct spark ignition.
- Measure voltages, pressures and currents.
- List the function of the parts of the drawer assembly.
- Discuss the effect of temperature and pressure on oil.
- Discuss fuel storage.
- Describe venting systems.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines