||This course meets MnTC Goal Area 2. Students will begin to develop collegiate-level, transferable skills as they are introduced to the M State core abilities and liberal arts and sciences shared values. Students will begin to learn how to critically evaluate information and ideas, how to determine the ethical implications that come with decision making, and how to communicate effectively as they develop an understanding of course materials through written and oral exercises. Students will establish a digital folio, which will allow them to demonstrate their growing understanding and mastery of the shared values and core abilities.
|| Assessment into ENGL1101
- Demonstrate an understanding of the M State core abilities in writing and speaking.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the liberal arts and sciences shared values in writing and speaking.
- Employ critical thinking when establishing solutions to problems or exploring an issue through discussion.
- Employ critical thinking when establishing solutions to problems or exploring an issue in writing.
- Establish a digital folio.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines