||Meets MnTC Goal Area 2. This course provides a cohesive, integrative learning experience for the liberal arts and sciences student. The student will integrate skills and knowledge developed and acquired throughout his or her course of study in the disciplines. The course requires the student to embark on a comprehensive inter-disciplinary academic quest designed to demonstrate research, oral and written communication, and critical thinking skills.
||Completion of 40 credits
- Select a complex problem and identify its inter-disciplinary texture.
- Formulate an exploratory question that illuminates and examines the issue within multiple contexts.
- Locate information using appropriate and varied technology.
- Access information gathered from multiple sources and perspectives.
- Analyze implications of context and assumptions when evaluating information.
- Synthesize and articulate findings, conclusions, solutions, recommendations, predictions, or emerging questions related to a complex problem through speaking and writing.
- Use appropriate technology to document and convey findings, conclusions, solutions, recommendations, predictions, or emerging questions related to a complex problem.
- Reflect upon and evaluate the recursive process of exploring, clarifying, and examining a complex problem.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines