||This class teaches the skills of construction, control and operation of hydraulic and pneumatic systems coupled with electrical/electronic controls. Participants will perform hands-on experiments to construct circuits that teach the operation of individual components as well as complete systems used in real-world applications. Assemblies involving fluid power and the modern control components used to regulate it will be emphasized.
|| MATH0052 AND An accuplacer arithmetic score of 57 or completion of Math 0052
- Identify and describe fluid power components within systems.
- Construct pneumatic/hydraulic/electronic control systems.
- Perform pneumatic/hydraulic circuitry calculations.
- Demonstrate fluid power components/electronic control troubleshooting.
- Demonstrate safe working procedures.
- Demonstrate professionalism, dependability and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of electrical symbols/circuitry diagrams.
- Demonstrate knowledge of fluid power symbols/schematics.
- Identify and describe electronic control components within systems.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines