||This course provides students with an introduction to the science of food manufacturing. The course will cover the cleaning and sanitizing processes involved in safe food handling. Students will learn how to identify food safety hazards and will gain an understanding of the chemical, regulatory agencies and sampling processes involved in food manufacturing.
- Identify safe food handling procedures in food manufacturing.
- Identify food safety hazards in food manufacturing.
- Describe proper personal hygiene procedures in food manufacturing.
- Explain the Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP) food safety system.
- Describe the cleaning and sanitizing procedures in food manufacturing.
- Describe regulatory agencies, their requirements and inspections in food manufacturing.
- Discuss chemical reactions and equations as they relate to food manufacturing.
- Describe chemical property changes that result from food manufacturing processes.
- Identify the manufacturing processes used in the food industry.
- Explain the chemical sampling and testing procedures used in food manufacturing.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines