||This course introduces fundamental programming concepts in an exciting, hands-on learning environment. Using the LEGO MindStorms system, students will implement code to control a robot's senses, actions and reactions. This course will also focus on 21st century skill sets like time management, teamwork, problem solving and communications.
- Demonstrate basic programming concepts.
- Demonstrate behavior based programming logic.
- Demonstrate proper programming syntax.
- Describe the functionality of parts of a computer program.
- Analyze the nature and scope of a programming project.
- Distinguish how best to monitor and control work flow.
- Apply appropriate strategies to solve problems.
- Apply the design process.
- Use teamwork to solve programming challenges.
- Use troubleshooting strategies.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines