||In this class, students will utilize the knowledge learned in previous classes to create Web applications using both client- and server-side technologies. The focus of this course is a top-down approach whereby students are assigned a project, they assess the needs of the project, and they develop a project plan.Then they will identify what it will take to complete that Web project. Students will participate in group-based programming activities, learn about project management and implement technologies as needed to create a working system.
- Assess and determine the needs of end users.
- Determine the nature and scope of a web project.
- Develop a scope statement that accurately reflects a web development project.
- Use software to plan, design, execute, control and evaluate web development projects.
- Estimate time and cost for projects.
- Develop schedules appropriate for various types of projects.
- Calculate the factors necessary for adequate risk planning.
- Determine how best to monitor and control work flow.
- Assess the skills of group members in group programming projects.
- Apply appropriate technologies to address the goals of various types of projects.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines