||In this course, students will plan, design and create a professional portfolio using Web technologies. The purpose of the portfolio is to showcase the student's accomplishments in the student's major field and provide the student with a concrete representation of his or her skills and abilities.
Consent of Instructor.
- Evaluate employment resources.
- Analyze regional employers.
- Summarize traits of high quality Web portfolios.
- Evaluate portfolio examples.
- Critique technical resumes.
- Create Web portfolio storyboard.
- Evaluate work examples.
- Improve work examples.
- Write concise narrative of each work example.
- Evaluate technical, work habit, and personal skills.
- Create a list of keywords that describe technical, work habit and personal skills.
- Create written document summarizing technical, work habit and personal skills.
- Write technical resume.
- Create online portfolio.
- Critique fellow student portfolios.
- Use critique information to correct and improve portfolio.
- Upload portfolio to Web server.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines