||This is a three-credit internship experience designed to acquaint students with an industry environment. This experience is designed to integrate the coursework taken and contribute to the student's personal and/or professional career goals. The internship is a training and mentoring period in actual service or employment.
- Describe industry-specific processes and procedures.
- Discuss professional characteristics necessary to function in the industry field.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Describe how organizations measure success.
- Explain industry-specific customer service standards and expectations.
- Assess interests and abilities in the field of study.
- Develop work habits and attitude necessary for job success.
- Build a record of work experience.
- Identify, write down and carry out performance objectives (mutually agreed upon by the employer, the instructor, and the student) related to the job assignment.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines