||This course introduces the role and responsibilities of an interpreter in a mainstream educational environment. This course focuses on increasing the awareness of current techniques, issues and ethics in mainstreaming education practices.
|| IPP1111 AND Grade of B or better in IPP1111
- Demonstrate the ability to describe issues that are currently relevant to the field of interpreting within the educational setting.
- Illustrate ways interpreters function in specific educational settings and with specific populations.
- Describe and communicate the appropriate role of an interpreter.
- Demonstrate preparedness for an educational interpreting assignment.
- Identify the current national evaluation and certification process for educational interpreters.
- Demonstrate understanding of the need for continuing education as a professional interpreter and of opportunities for such continuing education in the community.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines