||This course focuses on continued development of interpreting skills. The course content consists of special topics in the area of interpreting including team interpreting, athletics, religion, medical, legal, deaf/blind and video interpreting. This course also focuses on preparation for certification exams.
|| IPP1111 AND Grade of B or better in IPP1111
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare for a variety of interpreting assignments.
- Work as a member of a team of interpreters.
- Identify the current national evaluation and certification process for interpreters.
- Illustrate ways interpreters function in specific settings and with specific populations.
- Describe issues that are currently relevant to the field of interpreting and to the Deaf community.
- Demonstrate understanding of the need for continuing education as a professional interpreter and of opportunities for such continuing education in the community.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines