||This course is an introduction to information technology user support. Important skill sets involving customer service, troubleshooting, user support management, product evaluation, user support management and user training are introduced. This course also emphasizes teamwork and technical writing.
- Explore skills and abilities needed for information technology support positions.
- Describe customer service skills necessary for information technology support staff.
- Describe types of common computer problems.
- Describe tools troubleshooters use to solve computer problems.
- Describe methods used to solve computer problems.
- Demonstrate problem solving strategies to common computer problems.
- Compare features of help desk software packages.
- Describe the incident management process.
- Identify responsibilities of support managers and supervisors.
- Compare industry certifications and professional associations for information technology user support.
- Examine the types of documents that a support specialist may be required to create.
- Complete training activity plans.
- Prepare training materials.
- Write effectively for the end user.
- Compare product evaluation strategies.
- Demonstrate successful teamwork skills.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines