||Using the World Wide Web, students will research current trends and technical issues in information technology. Research topics will include software applications, hardware products, security issues, and technical problems and solutions. Students will develop technical documentation and training materials for the purpose of supporting end users. Emphasis will also be placed on refining Web searching skills to locate vendor documentation, trade journals, white papers and other useful IT resources.
- Utilize Web search engines, vendor websites, trade journals, and product documentation for research and product evaluation.
- Prepare technical reports summarizing findings of research.
- Analyze current trends in information technology.
- Develop technical procedural documentation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve information technology related problems utilizing research methodologies.
- Prepare technical reports comparing and contrasting competitive technology products.
- Recommend solutions based on research findings.
- Develop end-user training and troubleshooting materials.
- Create technical procedural documentation for the purpose of supporting end users.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines