||This course emphasizes the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to improve the productivity of the computer user. Students will learn about providing support for the user's computer, including the operating system and the software applications installed on the computer.
- Describe steps to prepare a user's computer
- Prepare an installation checklist.
- Compare tools used to help user support staff analyze and assess user needs.
- Assess user needs for computer hardware, software, and network products and services.
- Describe strategies for evaluating computer products.
- Compare software utilities used to diagnose, resolves, and repair problems.
- Configure and install applications.
- Configure the operating system to support applications.
- Describe solutions to problems related to usability.
- Describe solutions to problems related to operating system features.
- Identify error messages.
- Customize an application.
- Explain answers to end-user questions regarding applications.
- Identify problems related to aplication security permissions.
- Explain answers to end-user questions related to security.
- Describe solutions to problems related to access to resources.
- Describe solutions to problems related to network protocols and services.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines