||The emerging leader course allows students to understand leadership concepts, strategies and skills in a workplace setting that aligns with their career interests. Students will practice workplace skills and self-reflection in preparation for a leadership role in a community or workplace. This course is designed to encourage community leadership and involvement and to help students see their leadership potential. LEAD 1002 is the community experience course in which students choose mentors and spend 45 hours in a business or nonprofit environment. Students must also register for LEAD 1001, the classroom course.
- Demonstrate components of effective leadership.
- Demonstrate appropriate workplace behaviors.
- Differentiate between effective and ineffective leadership strategies.
- Increase self-awareness through exploration of leadership values and beliefs.
- Apply individual strengths in team, leadership and community settings.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines