||This course presents basic mathematical operations. The course concepts cover operations on whole numbers, integers, fractions and decimals, as well as the applications of percents, ratios, proportions, measurements and basic geometry.
- Solve application problems using ratios and proportions.
- Solve percentage problems.
- Identify appropriate geometric formulas to solve perimeter, area, and volume applications.
- Understand rules and usage of signed numbers.
- Utilize basic mathematical operations to solve a variety of application problems.
- Demonstrate usage of any combination of the four mathematical operations with whole numbers.
- Demonstrate usage of any combination of the four mathematical operations with fractions.
- Demonstrate usage of any combination of the four mathematical operations with decimals.
- Perform English and Metric measurement conversions.
- Use English and Metric measurements to solve application problems.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines