||This course is an introduction to systems of linear equations and inequalities, matrices, linear programming, mathematics of finance and elementary probability and statistics. This course is intended for all liberal arts and science students, but is highly recommended for students in areas of management, health sciences and other applied technologies.
- Apply the concept of future value.
- Apply the concept of present value.
- Apply the concept of simple interest.
- Apply the concept of compound interest.
- Use matrices to solve systems of linear equations.
- Apply basic rules of probability and Venn diagrams.
- Analyze data using descriptive statistics, graphs, and charts.
- Use the simplex method to solve linear programming problems.
- Solve linear programming problems by graphing.
- Use mathematical modeling to solve applied problems.
|MnTC goal areas:
- 2. Critical Thinking
- 4. Mathematics/Logical Reasoning
« back to course outlines