||Meets MnTC Goal Areas 2 and 4. This course includes limits and continuity, derivatives, definite and indefinite integrals of algebraic, trigonometric, exponential and logarithmic functions, and applications of the derivative and definite integral.
|| MATH1115 AND or by placement exam
- Examine precalculus concepts including algebraic functions and graphs.
- Explore the concepts of limits and continuity.
- Discover the derivative through the limit process and the tangent line problem.
- Perform the basic differentiation techniques.
- Apply differentiation to find extrema.
- Find area using Riemann sums and integration.
- Utilize the fundamental theorems of Calculus to evaluate definite integrals.
- Perform numerical integration and integration by substitution.
- Differentiate and integrate logarithmic functions.
- Differentiate and integrate exponential functions.
- Perform differentiation using the chain rule.
- Utilize implicit differentiation.
- Differentiate using the product and quotient rules.
- Utilize the Mean Value Theorem and Rolle's Theorem.
- Use differentiation for graphing, related rates, differentials, and optimization.
- Perform basic integration techniques.
|MnTC goal areas:
- (2) Critical Thinking
- (4) Mathematics/Logical Reasoning
« back to course outlines