||This course includes first and second order differential equations with applications in physics, electrical engineering and chemistry. It also includes Laplace transforms, matrices, series solutions and systems of differential equations.
- Solve first-order differential equations.
- Express a real-life system or a phenomenon as a mathematical model.
- Solve linear differential equations of order two or higher.
- Express a dynamical system as a mathematical model.
- Apply the Laplace Transform to solve differential equations.
- Solve linear higher-order differential equations with variable coefficients using power series.
- Solve systems of differential equations by the elimination method.
- Solve systems of linear first-order differential equations.
- Express real-life applications as systems of first-order differential equations.
- Use direction fields to illustrate solutions of differential equations.
- Apply the Existence and Uniqueness Theorem.
- Apply Euler's Method to approximate solutions to differential equations.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines