||The objective of this course is to develop the student's use and knowledge of machine drafting, lettering, line identity and application, orthographic projection, dimensioning practices, section and auxiliary drawings.
- Investigate types of technical drawings.
- Use conventional drafting equipment.
- Use architectural, mechanical, and metric scales.
- Apply sketching and lettering techniques.
- Display fundamental line construction skills.
- Apply dimensioning skills.
- Create section view drawings.
- Create auxiliary view drawings.
- Construct and explain tileblocks and bill of materials.
- Explain and construct multi-view drawings.
- Explain ANSI/ASTM standards.
- Construct assembly drawings.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines