||The objective of this course is to develop the student's knowledge and use of machine drafting, lettering, line identity and application, orthographic projection, dimensioning practices, and section and auxiliary drawings.
- Investigate various types of technical drawings.
- Utilize conventional drafting equipment for sketching and drawing layout.
- Correctly read and interpret architectural, mechanical and metric scales.
- Apply sketching and lettering techniques.
- Display fundamental line construction skills.
- Apply dimensions to appropriately define drawings.
- Create section view drawings.
- Create auxiliary view drawings.
- Construct and explain titleblocks and bill of materials.
- Explain and construct multi-view drawings.
- Explain and apply American National Standards Institute (ANSI)/American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards.
- Construct assembly drawings.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines