||The objective of this course is to develop the student's understanding and application of a self-defined set of symbols, rules, definitions and conventions used to describe the size, form, orientation and location of part features.
|| CADD1000 AND MCDD1104
- Describe geometric tolerancing Rule 1 and Rule 2.
- Define maximum and least material conditions relative to both internal and external features.
- Define regardless of feature size and how it affects part tolerancing.
- Apply datums to appropriate part features and define datum precedence.
- Apply material condition symbols to features of varying shapes.
- Apply form, position, location, orientation and run-out tolerances.
- Explain virtual condition based on a part's given dimensions and tolerances.
- Explain the function of primary, secondary and tertiary datum points.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines