||The objective of this course is to develop the student's knowledge of the processes involved in design development and scheduling. Gearing, shafts, chains, and belts and bearings, along with part, sub-assembly and assembly representations are applied to the student's capstone project.
- Generate a comprehensive genealogy chart.
- Generate a comprehensive design completion and revision schedule.
- Analyze component design data.
- Analyze component material failure.
- Utlize gears in component design.
- Utilize bearings in component design.
- Apply belt and chain functionality to assembly design.
- Apply appropriate mechanical fasteners for design functionality.
- Produce comprehensive detail drawings for part designs.
- Produce sub-assembly drawing layouts.
- Produce assembly drawing layouts.
- Create exploded assembly layouts.
- Create exploded sub-assembly layouts.
- Generate view-driven parts lists and bills of material.
- Analyze vendor and non-vendor parts.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines