||This course explores various mediums including books, magazines, newspapers, radio, film, television and Internet and the implications of each on society. The ever-changing social mediums will be explored, along with the impact they have on communication. Topics may include social networking sites, implications of advertising and the evolution of reality television.
|| Assessment in ENGL 1101.
- Explore various mediums.
- Examine the evolution of each medium.
- Determine the influence popular social mediums have on cultures.
- Analyze the social implications of advertising.
- Describe the evolution of television and reality television.
- Identify strategies used by various media to engage the public.
- Understand how social media websites affect the communication process.
- Critique past and current advertising in relationship to cultural norms.
- Explain and identify target audiences and their psychological and physiological needs.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines