||Students will complete a practicum in a health care facility, functioning as a member of a health care team and applying skills learned throughout the program.
- Demonstrate professional behavior.
- Serve as a member of the health care team.
- Demonstrate proper use of personal protective equipment.
- Use appropriate medical terminology and pronounce terms correctly when communicating with health care providers and patients.
- Demonstrate empathy, active listening and nonverbal communication.
- Demonstrate the principles of self-boundaries.
- Explain to a patient the rationale for performance of a procedure.
- Display tactful behavior when communicating with medical providers.
- Protect the integrity of the medical record.
- Incorporate critical thinking skills when performing patient assessment and care.
- Demonstrate respect for individual diversity.
- Demonstrate self-awareness in responding to a medical situation.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to patient privacy and rights.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines