||This course is designed to explore the principles and practices of health and safety in the industrial environment. Topics covered include regulations of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA and MNOSHA), legal considerations, current legislation, product safety, hazard materials, infection control and employee protection.
- Demonstrate safe, healthful work behaviors.
- Describe OSHA's purpose.
- Demonstrate proper usage of personal protective equipment.
- Explain required hazardous materials labeling.
- Demonstrate proper body mechanics.
- Define the employees Right-to-Know.
- Identify policies of risk management.
- Select appropriate safe work practices.
- Apply basic accident prevention activities.
- Demonstrate professionalism, dependability and good work habits.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines