||This course surveys the fundamentals of electricity and electronics including electrical/electronic components, AC/DC circuits, electronic devices and applications, basic electronic circuits, and electronic communication and data systems.
- Demonstrate safe working procedures.
- Demonstrate proper operation of a digital multimeter (DMM).
- Describe electrical terminology used in AC and DC circuits.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge for calculating common electrical formulas and equations.
- Identify a variety of electrical and electronic symbols used in diagrams.
- Interpret electrical diagrams and schematics.
- Describe the principles of magnetism used in an electrical motor or generator.
- Demonstrate professionalism, dependability and good work habits.
- Identify and describe basic electronic components within the industry.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines