||This course focuses on the production and improvement of making quality products and producing quality services. Participants will discuss the philosophy of a quality organization and methods to create a culture of quality. Participants will also be introduced to the planning and implementation of this organizational methodology utilizing best practices to secure the commitment of employees at all levels. Quality tools covered are value stream map, standard work, visual controls and A-3. Course includes discussions about both qualitative and quantitative points of view.
|| MATH0052 AND METC1112
- 1. Define a strategy to gain organizational commitment to quality performance.
- 2. Create a plan to launch a quality performance environment.
- 3. Create a training plan for all levels of the organization.
- 4. Describe training necessary for supervisory levels to lead quality improvement efforts.
- 5. Learn and apply quality tools that will measure performance.
- 6. Describe how teamwork will enable quality improvement.
- 7. Practice using the quality improvement methodology and appropriate tools.
- 8. Learn and apply communication practices that will both lead and support a quality organization.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines