||Students will utilize business computer software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, databases and presentation software to solve business problems, emphasizing professional design and organization. Additional topics include basic computer hardware, computer security and ethics, privacy concerns and professional communication standards.
- Understand the basic hardware (input, output and storage) components and software (operating and application) used in the Windows and Internet environment.
- Apply efficient use of computer system and operating and application software.
- Apply the ability to organize files by creating folders and managing (copy, move, rename and delete) files.
- Understand computer security and safety, ethics and privacy concerns related to technology.
- Understand how to access the Internet for relevant information.
- Apply proper procedures to create documents, worksheets, databases and presentations suitable for coursework, personal and professional purposes.
- Apply word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software to solve business problems.
- Apply e-mail software for professional, effective communication.
- Apply the ability to create, design and maintain databases by creating tables, queries, reports and forms while following professional design standards.
- Apply the ability to create, format, analyze, save and print spreadsheets while following professional design standards.
- Apply the ability to create, format, save and print word processing documents while following professional design standards.
- Apply the ability to create, format, save and print presentations while following professional design standards.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines