||This course focuses on the role of promotion within the marketing plan of an organization. Students will study advertising trends that influence an organization's promotional strategy. Emphasis will be placed on current advertising media, costs, budgeting, ad development and evaluation. This course will have an active learning environment. Students will create and present a promotional campaign.
- Explain the role of advertising and promotion in the marketing plan.
- Develop a situational analysis.
- Identify primary advertising objectives appropriate for a promotional strategy.
- Analyze the target market for a promotional plan.
- Analyze emerging trends in advertising.
- Demonstrate ad layout principles.
- Analyze the major advertising medium.
- Develop a promotional campaign for a product, organization or social cause.
- Demonstrate skill in technical report writing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in oral presentation skills.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines